Meet Nick - non-exec
Money man by day, lycra lover by night, Nick is the Bear Grylls of LFA. Banned from controlling the office Spotify, Nick has a penchant for liking songs that were cool two years ago.
1. What do you put on your toast?
Can I change the question to what do you put in between your toast? Great thanks. Bacon.
2. What’s your feel-good song?
Dance hall days. Wang Chung’s one hit 80’s wonder. Best tune you've never heard of. Or at least that's what I keep telling people.
3. Ask your best friend to describe you in 3 words:
Handy. Thrillseeker. Ferrel. Not necessarily in that order
4. What are you most proud of?
Weirdly my proudest moment was a big fat failure. In a team of 5 we rowed non-stop in 2 hour shifts from Barcelona into the med towards Sardinia in a raceagainst 3 other boats. We were about 150 miles from land and in the lead by long way when a massive storm kicked up, with towering waves capsizing us for 36 hours. One heli rescue later, I was onshore aware of how incredibly we came together as a team, not only to pull so far ahead in the race but also survive what was a pretty hairy situation.
5. You can only watch one film for the rest of your life?
Tried to think of a more refined answer but no luck. Topgun. Fighter jets. 80s music. Homoerotic volleyball scenes. It has everything.
6. What’s the best discovery you’ve ever made?
Easiest one here. My fiancee.
7. Something you want to achieve in the next year?
Compete in the adventurists Ngwala cup. Crazy Sailing race in Tanzania
8. What’s your favourite smell?
9. What would you tell your 15-year-old self?
The same thing I am always telling my 19 year old sister. You can do anything you want for a living,get passionate about something and pursue it until you are the best at it.
10. What are you having for dinner tonight? Healthy night. Homemade ceviche
Follow me on: @nlksmith87
Have you met the rest of the team?